The Supreme General Staff (Dundorfian: Oberste Generalstab) formerly the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Dorvik (Dorvish: Generalstab der Streitkräfte der Dorvik) is the military staff of the Armed Forces of Dorvik. The Supreme General Staff is the central organ of the Armed Forces administration and is responsible for the operational management of the armed forces under the Ministry of Defense (Dorvik). The General Staff is headed by the Inspector General of the Armed Forces of Dorvik (Dundorfian: (Dundorfian: Generalinspekteur der Dorvische Streitkräfte), who also holds the title of Chief of the Supreme General Staff. The General Staff technically falls underneath the Ministry of Defense though it operates almost entirely independently due to the Dorvish system of military prominence and government supervision.
The Supreme General Staff is comprised of 6 major commands:
- Dorvish Army (Dundorfian: Dorvische Landwehr) lead by the Inspector of the Dorvish Army (Dundorfian: Inspekteur der Dorvische Landwehr) and the Dorvish Army Staff (Dundorfian: Führungsstab der Dorvische Landwehr)
- Dorvish Navy (Dundorfian: Dorvische Marine) lead by the Inspector of the Dorvish Navy (Dundorfian: Inspekteur der Dorvische Marine) and the Dorvish Navy Staff (Dundorfian: Führungsstab der Dorvische Marine)
- Dorvish Air Force (Dundorfian: Dorvische Fliegertruppe) lead by the Inspector of the Dorvish Air Force (Dundorfian: Inspekteur der Dorvische Fliegertruppe) and the Dorvish Air Force Staff (Dundorfian: (Führungsstab der Dorvische Fliegertruppe)
- Dorvish Jäger Command (Dundorfian: Dorvische Jägerkommando) (special forces)
- Military Security Service (Dundorfian: Militärische Sicherheitsdienst) (military intelligence)
- Dorvish Feldjäger Command (Dundorfian: Dorvische Feldjägerkommando) (military police)
- General Staff Leadership Office (Dundorfian: Generalstabsführungsamt) - Inspector-General of the Armed Forces of Dorvik & Chief of the Supreme General Staff
- Dorvish Army Staff (Dundorfian: Führungsstab der Dorvische Landwehr) - Inspector of the Dorvish Army
- Dorvish Navy Staff (Dundorfian: Führungsstab der Dorvische Marine) - Inspector of the Dorvish Navy
- Dorvish Air Force Staff (Dundorfian: (Führungsstab der Dorvische Fliegertruppe) - Inspector of the Dorvish Air Force
- Dorvish Jäger Command (Dundorfian: Dorvische Jägerkommando) - Commander of the Jäger
- Military Security Service (Dundorfian: Militärische Sicherheitsdienst) - General-Director of the Military Security Service
- Dorvish Feldjäger Command (Dundorfian: Dorvische Feldjägerkommando) - Commander of the Feldjäger
Offices and departmentsEdit
- General Staff Leadership Office (Dundorfian: Generalstabsführungsamt) - Charged with all levels of operational planning of the Dorvish Armed Forces. The most important office of the Supreme General Staff.
- Warfare Command Department (Dundorfian: Kriegskommando Abteilung) - The Warfare Command Department is charged with all details of operational planning, the General Staff Leadership Office sets the strategic goals while the Warfare Command Department handles all logistics, planning as well as communications.
- Defense and Foreign Policy Department (Dundorfian: Verteidigungs und Außenpolitik Abteilung)
- Foreign Intelligence Office (Dundorfian: Auslandsnachrichten Amt) - Charged with handling foreign military intelligence from the Military Security Service and using it
- Foreign Military Relations Office (Dundorfian: Ausländische militärischen Beziehungen Amt) - Charged with handling relations with foreign militaries and relations with them
- Defense and Defense Law Research Office (Dundorfian: Verteidigung und Verteidigungsrecht Forschungsbüro)
- Military Communications Office (Dundorfian: Militärische Kommunikation Amt) - Charged with all matters relating to military communication, signals and internal communications.
- Head Troop Office (Dundorfian: Haupttruppenamt) - Charged with all matters of conscription, enlisting, cadres and matters of military personnel.
- Military Awards Office (Dundorfian: Militärische Auszeichnungenamt) - Charged with matters of handling awards of the Dorvish Armed Forces and Ministry of Defense
- Military Technical Office (Dundorfian: Militär Technischeamt) - Charged with researching and producing items, research and associated material for the Armed Forces and Ministry of Defense.
- Landsturm Army Office (Dundorfian: Landsturmarmeeamt) - Charged with managing the Landsturm Army.
- Central Office (Dundorfian: Zentralamt) - Charged with administrative matters of the Supreme General Staff, including: personnel, finance, procurement and other items of administrative necessity.
- Administration Department (Dundorfian: Verwaltungsabteilung)
- Finance Department (Dundorfian: Finanzabteilung)
- General Administration Department (Dundorfian: Allgemeine Verwaltungsabteilung)
- Supply and Logistical Department (Dundorfian: Lieferung und Logistik-Abteilung)
- Military Education Department (Dundorfian: Militärische Ausbildung Abteilung)
- Military Medical Service (Dundorfian: Militär Sanitätsdienst) - The Military Medical Service is headed by joint command of the Generaloberstabsarzt & Admiraloberstabsarzt who are in charge of all medical services, hospitals and associated material of the Dorvish medical services.
- Marine Command Office (Dundorfian: Marinekommandoamt) - The Marinekommandoamt is responsible for manning, supply, intelligence, training, and in coastal and air defense; the Marine Command Office is headed by the Chief of Naval Staff.
- Marine Warfare Office (Dundorfian: Marinekriegsamt) - The Marinekriegsamt is charged with all operational planning of the Dorvish Navy; the Marine Warfare Office is headed by the Chief of Naval Operations.
- General Navy Office (Dundorfian: Allgemeines Marineamt) - The Allgemeines Marineamt is charged with all matters of the Dorvish Navy, including personnel, finance, education, administration, etc.
- Construction and Naval Weapons Office (Dundorfian: Konstruktion und Marinewaffenamt) - The Construction and Naval Weapons Office is responsible for working with front-line officers, ncos, enlisted men and naval engineers to build weaponry and technology for the Dorvish Navy. They liaise with the Dorvish defense industry for all matters of construction, research and development.
|Armed Forces of Dorvik topics|
|Leadership||President of the Dorvish Republic - Supreme General Staff - Ministry of War - State Security and Defense Council - Dorvish General Staff building|
|Branches||Dorvish Landwehr (Army) - Dorvish Marine (Navy) - Dorvish Fliegertruppe (Air force) - Dorvish Jäger (Special forces) - Dorvish Feldjäger (Military police) - Military Security Service (Military intelligence)|
|General||Order of battle of the Armed Forces of Dorvik - Military equipment of the Dorvish Armed Forces - Dorvish defense industry (Artanian Defense Group, Ebner AG) - Dorvish Defense Export - Rank, insignia and uniforms of Dorvik|
|History||Reichsheer - Collapse of the Dundorfian Reich - Dorvish-Vanuku Arms Deal|
|Awards and decorations||Counter-Insurgency Badge - Iron Cross (2nd Class & 1st Class) - Dorvish Cross (with Oak Leaves, with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds and with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds)|