|Volksdundorfische Cultural Association|
|Flag of the VDKV|
|Headquarters|| Bernhoff Building|
179 Franz Wagener Straße, Eppen, Haldor
|executive||Marko Oppolzer, Reichsführer|
The Volksdundorfische Cultural Association (Dundorfian: Volksdundorfische Kulturverein), sometimes initialed as VDKV, is the international organization dedicating to keeping contact with and organizing the Volksdundorfische throughout the world. The VDKV is primarily focused on mobilizing and keeping contact with the Volksdundorfische, they maintain the Auslanddundorfischeamt (Luthoran: Foreign Dundorfian Office) which works with those Auslanddundorfische who want to maintain a relationship with their native country. The VDKV is responsible for organizing efforts throughout the world, primarily Artania, to finance and inform Volksdundorfische of information about Dundorf, keep them up to date about their politics and create a strong cultural bond between these groups.
The VDKV is responsible for organization the Selbstschutzverband, where they have their primary influence as an organization. The translation into Luthoran gives these units a much more militaristic sense, at one point in history they once were but eventually they formed into the modern political action groups that they are today. It should be noted that most selbstschutzverband do maintain a military wing with military style ranks, this usually however, is more for former military officers who wish to maintain their sense of hierarchy and organization.
The VDKV operates at what they call the "Reich" level despite the nonexistence of the Dundorfian Reich. In 1901, almost a century after the foundation of the first selbstschutzverband the various groups met at the Selbstschutz Große Ausschuss (Luthoran: Self protection grand committee). This meeting was designed to formally organize the Selbstschutz, this is where the VKDV was formed as the "Reich" level organization. The meeting also saw the adoption of the current rank structure for both political and military officers, it also grounded its organization at all levels. The 1901 meeting was a watershed moment for all self protection units and gave them unparalleled access to resources within Dundorf. The 1901 meeting would also see its organizational structure used several dozen times by various nationalist and far-right political parties. The model for organization and hierarchy would come to be revered, especially in political organizations that revered a strong, central figure which the hierarchy, despite its it lack of a central "head" could use it to his advantage.
The Volksdundorfische Cultural Association has its roots in the Freikorps movement which sprung up in the mid-17th century throughout the Dundorfian Reich when Dundorfian mercenaries would travel to fight for various nobles during the "Reckoning" times of the Dundorfian Reich, these mercenaries traditionally fought for the highest bidder but would often take their wrath out on non-Dundorfians, who they saw as beneath them. The Freikorps movement surged further during the period known as the Kulturkampf (Luthorian: Cultural struggle/battle) period, many Pan-Dundorfian nationalist rose up in arms and began to search and prosecute "anti-Dundorfian activities" which could be considered anything. It was during the period of the 19th century that many countries that have since eschewed their Dundorfian culture (Kirlawa, Aloria and Rutania to some extent and Ikradon) began to discuss variations of national culture and the prevalence of the Luthorian language throughout Dundorf had started to become prominent. For instance, the Dundorfian Reich saw the rise of Luthorian descendants in Kirlawa who claimed to be "White, North Artanians" or the Draddwyr movement in Aloria while the Rutanians struggled with their own identity. The Kingdom of Dorvik remained firmly Dundorfian and sponsored the Freikorps movements financially alongside the many wealthy Pan-Dundorfians who realized a surge in national cultures could spell the doom for the Reich itself.
As the Freikorps movement grew further and further into the arms of the Pan-Dundorfians, they decided to meet in 1890 and form the first "Self-Protection Grand Council" (Dundorfian: Selbstschutz Großen Rat) where leading Pan-Dundorfian and Dundorfian political leaders came together to discuss the Kulturkampf and how to better manage the situation. They decided to personally higher all Freikorps members as a form a paramilitary for their own ends. Secretly sponsored by the Dundorfian Kasier who promised that education and peace would bring people into the Dundorfian culture, these men, often leading members of the Dundorfian government and wealthy industrialist and businessmen openly supported the Freikorps. The violence would simmer down before picking up again after the death of several Dundorfian police officers in a riot in Kirlawa, this prompted another meeting in 1901 that would see leading Pan-Dundorfians from throughout the Reich meet since the first meeting and decide what to do with the "Culture Question" and it was decided that the Freikorps would be ended and formed into the Selbstschutzverband (Luthorian: Self-Protection Associations) and the Volksdundorfische Cultural Association would become a Pan-Dundorfian organization dedicated to "ensuring the preservation of the Reich and it's people."
The formation of the Volksdundorfische Cultural Association and the Selbstschutzverbanden prompted many former nationalist politicians and military officers to either come out of retirement or to begin taking part in the organization. At first, the organization, despite its somewhat violet past, was a social network that wanted to bring in Dundorfians who had fallen astray from their ancestors but gradually more and more radicals became involved in the organization and by 1907 the organization had firmly become a radical, Volksdundorfische network of men and women who wanted to preserve the Reich and ensure the purity of the Dundorfian people. Ulrich Maria zu Völksau, a former Reichsheer officer, Wilhelm von Wädenssteig-Schwarzburg-Stralbrück (Duke of Schwarzberg) and Erich von Rommel, Count of Rommel (a leading Reichsheer military officer) militarized the Selbstschutzverband with surplus equipment that was to be sold to allies of the Dundorfian Reich abroad. Ulrich Maria zu Völksau was placed in charge of the Selbstschutzverband and tasked with formally organizing it "..through a diplomatic, military way" and Wilhelm von Wädenssteig-Schwarzburg-Stralbrück was tasked with organizing the political aspect of the VDKV.
In more recent history the Dorvish leadership of the VDKV has prompted the Volksdundorfische throughout the world to rally to its cause, including recently with Kafuristan during the Kafuri Insurgency (3886) where Volksdundorfische, underneath the leadership of SS-Oberstgruppenfuhrer Konstantin Darzi and Reichsleiter Victor Werkner in Kafuristan formed the Free Majatran Legion, armed (poorly, should be noted) Volksdundorfische took a stand with members of the Al-Sadhi Organization to prevent the surge of radical Ahmadism and prevent the rise of the Ahmadi Caliphate. The unit grew to 2/3 worth of a stand Dorvish mechanized division using mostly older equipment that was stored away during the Collapse of the Reich period and eventually returned to Dorvik (with most of their nearing "ancient" equipment) and were disarmed by the State Security Service but granted permission to be rearmed if so desired to be sent elsewhere to fight for "self-protection of the Volksdundorfische".
Despite periods of militarization of the Selbstsschutzverband, the VDKV serves primarily as a cultural organization dedicated to the promotion of Dundorfians throughout the world. The VDKV is one of the largest and most powerful non-governmental organizations to date on Terra, it is incredibly well funded from Reichsdundorfische, Volksdundorfische and Auslanddundorfische as well as has ties to numerous business throughout the world. For instance the Main Economic and Administrative Office is responsible for all economic activity of VDKV members.
The Volksdundorfische Cultural Association works on 4 primary levels, they are: Reich (Encompassing the former territories of the Dundorfian Reich), Gau (Regional/State/Provincial level), Kreis (District/County level) and finally Ort (County and city level). This organization was first created at the 1907 Self-Protection Grand Council meeting which saw the formation of the Volksdundorfische Cultural Association as an aggressor in achieving the Pan-Dundorfian dream and attempting to unite the Volksdundorfische. The Reich Leadership (Dundorfian: Reichsleitung) is the collective leadership underneath the elected Reichsführer (Luthorian: Reichs' Leader). The Reichsführer is chosen by the Reichsleiter's from the 5 former states of the Dundorfian Reich and Reichleiter's who are members of the Reichsleitung. Only 5 modern states are considered "former states of the Reich" (Dundorf itself, Dorvik, Rutania, Kirlawa and Aloria) when Luthorian slaves began to en masse settle in Ikradon and formed Ibutho the Volksdundorfische Cultural Association voted to rescind claim on Ikradon in favor of economic favors within Ibutho itself.
At a very basic level, the offices that the Volksdundorfische Cultural Association maintains goes long ways in assisting the everyday lives of Volksdundorfische throughout the world, due to wealthy financiers and Dorvik heavily patronizing the organization, the VDKV has remained a charitable organization that assists the Volksdundorfische throughout the world in numerous ways. The organizational structure that the VDKV came up with has served as the organizational structure for many right-wing and far-right movements, notably the National Socialist Movement that founded the Dundorfian Reich. This organizational structure remains today and has been a center-point for the organizations success and longevity. Politically and militarily the organization of the political branch of the VDKV and the Selbstschutzverband differ, but are naturally Dundorfian in their overtly hierarchical nature.
In order to be considered for Membership (Dundorfian: Mitgliedschaft) one be sponsored by a current member, interviewed and provide genealogical records proving one of the three status's (Reichsdundorfische, Volksdundorfische or Auslanddundorfiche) all of which is handled by the VDKV's Hauptamt (Luthorian: Head Office). If the membership review is approved, the Candidate (Dundorfian: Bewerber) is approved and becomes a full Member (Dundorfian: Mitglied). The member pays dues, set by local leadership and overseen by the Hauptamt. Those interested in becoming involved in the VDKV's operations can either select one of the two primary "circles" to enter into, the Political Circle or the Security Circle.
The Political Circle (Dundorfian: Politischer Kreis) is primarily composed of those interested in going into government, those formerly in government or those just interested in an administrative position with one of the offices of the VDKV. The Security Circle (Dundorfian: Sicherheitskreis) is much more difficult to get into, members of the Security Circle are traditionally former police, intelligence or sometimes military members. The Security Circle provides security for the VDKV as a whole, most of the time they are unarmed and are merely guards and escorts, though they can be permitted to carry firearms if their previous profession permitted. The final circle that may be joined is reserved solely for soldiers who served longer than their conscription period, currently set at 4 years by national law. The Fighters Association (Dundorfian: Kämpfervereinigung) permits former soldiers to retain their rank within the organization instead of taking a Political Circle or Security Circle rank; they are permitted to use both unlike members of the other circles.
Those who enter into specific branches of the VDKV are traditionally given specific titles. For instance, members of the Foreign Dundorfian Office maintain their own system of ranks but retain their Political or Security Circle rank as well. The Reich Labor Service and the Reich Construction Service maintain a system of their own ranks and are permitted to retain their respective Political or Security Circle ranks.
- Main Office (Dundorfian: Hauptamt) - The Main Office is charged with most administrative functions, including personnel, staffing, pay, supply and logistics as well as general services for the VDKV; it is arguably one of the most powerful and important offices in the entire organization.
- Main Volksdundorfische Office (Dundorfian: (Dundorfian: Hauptamt Volksdundorfische) - The Main Volksdundorfische Office is responsible for Artanian affairs of the VDKV; relating to both Reichsdundorfische and Volksdundorfische. The HA-VD is considered one of the primary organs of the VDKV as its central mission is the organization of Dundorfians on the Artanian continent.
- Foreign Dundorfian Office (Dundorfian: Auslanddundorfischeamt) - The Foreign Dundorfian Office is responsible for the management and activities of Auslanddundorfische or those who are attached their heritage closely but live outside of Artania or are otherwise disconnected with Artania in someway.
- Main Operations Office (Dundorfian: Hauptbetriebsamt) - The Main Operations Office took over for the Head Protection Office in August 4197 and is responsible for the management of the various Selbstsschutzverband's throughout Artania and other local associations throughout the world. The overall head of the Selbstschutzverband is an appointed Oberstgruppenführer who serves as the overall head of the office as well as the respective Reichsleiter for the office itself.
- Main Economic and Administrative Office (Dundorfian: Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt) - Despite the appendage of "administrative" in its name, the Main Economic and Administrative Office is focused on building, maintaining and creating wealth for all Dundorfians. The Main Economic and Administrative Office is the most powerful office in the entire VDKV and understands its position and uses it effectively.
- Reich Labor Service (Dundorfian: Reichsarbeitsdienst, RAD) - The Reich Labor Service was founded as a means to (1) provide job training, camaraderie and teach essential life and career skills; (2) introduce ethnic Dundorfians to economic opportunities throughout the world; (3) stimulate growth, creativity and intelligent academics throughout the world for the benefit of Terra; (4) introduce ethnic Dundorfians into the VDKV; and (5) stem the tide of Communism, Socialism and Left-wing pro-union organizations.
- Main Welfare Office for Ethnic Dundorfians (Dundorfian: Hauptamt Volksdundorfische Mittelstelle) - The Main Welfare Office for Ethnic Dundorfians is the primary welfare and assistance organization of the VDKV. It is responsible for most public-facing campaigns, drives and humanitarians operations of the VDKV. It works closely with the Foreign Dundorfian Office to provide services and good to all Ethnic Dundorfians. It previously maintained several offices related to the continents where it operated but has since shifted that the the Foreign Dundorfian Office and works closely with them.
- Reich Construction Service (Dundorfian: Reichbaudienst, RBD) - Responsible for humanitarian assistance throughout the world, the RBD is the go-to for large-scale construction projects and operates technically, as a company rather than a component of the VDKV but falls underneath its jurisdiction as it was actually owned by the VDKV itself.
Special offices, departments, services or detachmentsEdit
- Personal Staff of the Reichsführer (Dundorfian: Persönlicher Stab Reichsführer) - The Personal Staff of the Reichsführer is the cadre of officials that assist in the Reichsführer in conducting his duties, serving as liaisons with the various offices and acting as the direct conduit for most decisions of the VDKV.
- Geheimdienst (Luthorian: Special/Secret Service) - Unknown to all but those actively involved the Geheimdienst is meant as a psuedo-intelligence organization of the VDKV, though that would be outright denied and refuted by anyone actively involved.
- Kämpfervereinigung (Luthorian: Fighters Association) - The Fighters Association is a special branch of the VDKV that permits retired soldiers, officers and the like to use their obtained ranks without being assigned political circle or military circle ranks. Retired soldiers in Dorvik traditionally applied im Ruhestand (or i.Ru for short) to their ranks to avoid confusion with current soldiers.